Ah Love Oil’s Pumpkin Bread.
Okay, we admit it—we’ve caught the fall fever for all things pumpkin.
But our favorite has to be the delight of perfectly baked pumpkin bread. Nothing beats a slice still hot from the oven—the crispy edges giving way to a pillowy soft middle bursting with pumpkin spice flavor.
Before you know it, we’ve eaten the whole loaf. Whoops!
One of our favorite pumpkin bread recipes come from our friends over at Ah Love Oil & Vinegar. We know what you’re thinking—vinegar in pumpkin bread?! We were skeptics, too. But then we tried it, and now we’ll never go back.
Our recipe comes from Ah Love’s excellent recipe files on their website. We recommend delving into it if you have the time—there’s a ton of creative and delicious options.
Ah Love finishes their bread with a balsamic glaze and some chopped walnuts. We kept ours simple and untopped—but that sounds delicious, too.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup Ah Love Orange Olive Oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup Ah Love Pumpkin Spice Balsamic
- 2 tbl water
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ cup toasted nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil a loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and spices. Set aside.
- In another bowl, hand-mix the beaten eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree, orange olive oil and pumpkin spice balsamic vinegar.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Don’t over-mix—stir until just blended. If too thick, add up to 2 tbl water until mix blends easily. Stir in nuts, if using.
- Pour mix into oiled loaf pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 30 minutes.