get outside! some of our favorite outdoor activities
Feel that? It’s the feeling of the weather turning for the better. And we don’t know about you, but all that springtime air makes us itch to get outside. So we decided to round up some of our favorite outdoor activities in Virginia and the D.C. area – time to get inspired?
Did we miss something good? Let us know – we’ll update our list and make sure to check it out ourselves.
- Hiking is one of the best ways to while away a spring weekend day. Washingtonian pulled together a list of great, easy local hikes – and if you’re feeling up for a challenge, Old Rag and the Billy Goat trail are two of our local favorites!
- You know we love a good long run – the C&O canal trail is incredibly scenic. Or take a jog around the monuments!
- Want an easy, lazy picnic and to get some exploring in? Take a trip to the National Arboretum – one of our favorite hidden gems.
- Take an outdoor stroll and get the best in fresh, local produce. Our farmer’s market returns May 1!
- Get some fresh air on the way to work! Bike to Work Day 2016 is just around the corner – and Mosaic’s hosting another pit stop.
- Lastly, the Fit Foodie Race weekend is returning to Mosaic this May! Food, fitness, fun – all outdoors. Check, check and check. Sign up now!