what to do on a snow day
It’s official – we got walloped.
Hopefully, you stayed warm and safe (and somewhat shoveled) all weekend. But with another day of being snowbound looming, we don’t blame you if, like us, you’ve got a case of cabin fever.
Here’s some ideas to keep active – and get outside – if you can get out and about safely. And if not? Well, we’ve been marathoning The West Wing on Netflix and highly recommend that. And there’s always a Pinterest escape – follow Mosaic here!
- Browse the Mosaic neighborhood & visit our partners! While we recommend checking with your favorite restaurant or retailer directly, a few have already announced plans to open today – and DGS is serving brunch all day, starting at 11:30!
- See a movie! Angelika is open – and it’s almost Oscars season, people!
- PLAY! We’re loving the shots people are sending of snowy fun at Mosaic – like this igloo and this family time. If you venture out, send us some shots!
- In the District? You can sled on Capitol Hill …so what are you waiting for?
- Watch some animals with the National Zoo’s online animal cams. Come for the lion cubs, stay for the panda having the time of its life in the snow.
- Get cooking! It’s the perfect excuse to try a new recipe, or bust out an old favorite. We’ve rounded up some good ones here.
Happy snow day!