Did you survive your first week of hot, HOT temps? Or did you melt? We survived – barely. We were aided by Dolcezza iced coffee and gelato, and one (or two) frozen happy hour drinks from around Mosaic. It was a team effort.
Thanks to everyone who came out for last night’s Make-A-Wish Foundation Walk for Wishes! We love seeing smiling faces come together to do good. And tomorrow, Films in the Park kicks off. Summer is here, people. Even if it’s not officially the solstice.
We had an insanely busy week this week – maybe it’s because we had to cram everything into four days after Memorial Day. Not that we’re complaining! We still found some time, though, to dive into some good reads on the Internet. Check ’em out below.
- New York City ice cream trucks are having turf wars. HEATED turf wars. Yes, we’re serious. New York Times
- The D.C. food scene is about to get a Michelin book. We think it’s well-deserved. You? Washington Post
- Since yesterday was #GlobalRunningDay… how about this, on how running became the most popular activity on Earth? Washington Post
- 13 ways to update your summer beauty routine – SPF is important, everyone. New York Times
- 12 things Arianna Huffington thinks you should do before bed. We don’t see “check Facebook” on there. Whoops. INC